A successful SEO strategy can be a powerful equalizer in any business. Cannabis dispensaries stand to benefit a great deal from SEO. Cannabis dispensaries can claim their local citations, develop a content strategy and gather positive reviews to improve their online visibility.
When it comes to SEO, links are still a big ranking factor. To help assist with online visibility cannabis dispensaries can claim all relevant local listings. First, it’s important to do a citation audit and review all current listings for data accuracy. You can run an audit using Moz to check your current local listings: https://moz.com/local/search.
What you want to look for here is any discrepancies in the data. If any of them look incorrect, go ahead and claim the local listings and update them accordingly. Its tedious work but, you want all the data to be accurate so your business can capitalize on the additional visibility.
Next, we want to identify some new key local listings for the cannabis industry specifically. Take some time and claim the local listings in the previous blog and ensure all the data is accurate.
Develop a Content Strategy
Search engines like Google love content. It’s also a great way to get additional exposure for your brand.
The key to great SEO is increase traffic that actively engages with your website. Posting regular blog articles is a great to keep bringing visitors to your website. You can utilize it to discuss new product releases, unique events, or relevant industry news. But always remember to have a strategy and don’t write blogs just for the sake of writing.
A few tips to help you get started
- Crowdsource your current website visitors for common questions that keep coming up
- Frequent industry related forums to look for questions or common issues
- Use a tool to research content ideas: http://buzzsumo.com/
Gather Customer Reviews
In today’s digital age, local online reviews act as the new word of mouth. Also, take into consideration that 90% of customers say their buying decisions are influenced by online reviews.
Online reviews are extremely important for a variety of reasons and influence:
- Your rankings in local search engines
- Which search results actually get clicked on
- Consumer purchasing decisions
This makes sourcing for reviews for your cannabis business extremely important. You can get started sourcing for reviews by:
- Use this generator from Whitespark. It creates handouts for customers to provide clear-cut instructions on how they can leave reviews on Google and Bing – https://whitespark.ca/review-handout-generator/
- Link to your review profiles on your site
- Work with a designer to create print collateral that lists all the different customer review sites
- Train your staff to ask customers to leave reviews after successful transactions – http://img.constantcontact.com/docs/pdf/ask-for-referral-guide.pdf
Now, you’ve got a better grasp on some easy to use SEO tactics to drive revenue for your dispensary. This should get you started thinking in terms of your businesses visibility online and how SEO can factor into your overall marketing strategy. If you have any questions on how an SEO campaign can benefit your dispensary don’t hesitate to reach out!